Table of Contents
- Acquiring an Unlock Code
- Security Question Login Method
- Unlock Code Login Method
- Password Management
- Best Practices
Users that no longer have credentials to login will need to fill out a Forgot My Password request using this link. An iCare specialist will work with you to facilitate this and provide an unlock code.
- Serial Number of unit (This will be needed to generate Unlock Codes for units purchased after 2016)
- Date the recorder is currently set to (This is important in generating the proper Unlock Code as well)
- HDMI Monitor and USB Mouse attached to Recorder. Login must be completed using the local GUI system. (Unlock Codes will not work through web GUI or software)
Security Question Login Method (If you have set Security Questions)
- Using a mouse attached to the Recorder, right click and select "Main Menu". This will populate the login screen. Click on "Forgot Pattern" as shown on image below.
- Click on the "Forgot Pattern" as shown below.
- Answer the security questions then click "Next."
- If answered correctly, you will be prompted to create a new password and to confirm the new password as shown below:
Unlock Code Login Method (If not using Security Questions Method)
- Using a mouse attached to the Recorder, right click and select "Main menu". This will populate the login screen. If your login screen requires a pattern, click on "Forgot Pattern" as shown on image below. Otherwise move to the next step.
- Login with username "admin" and the Unlock code (or one of the unlock codes) given.
- If successful, you may have a prompt populate as shown below. If so, create a new password under "New Password" and type in the same password under "Confirm Password." You can also create a Password Hint. The new password setup is now complete. If you do not have this prompt, you will be logged in to the Main Menu (as admin). Follow the next steps.
- In the Main Menu, go to Settings > System > Account. Click on "Add User" as shown below. You will need to create an new admin level account (group level set to admin) to modify the "admin" account. This is because user accounts cannot be modified if they are currently logged in.
- Once you have created a new account, right click and go to Main Menu. Select "Shutdown" and then under the drop down, select "Logout" or "Logout Menu User" as shown below. This will log you out of the "admin" account so you can login with the new account that was set up in the previous step.
- Right click then select "Main Menu." Login with the new account that was set up in Step 4 then go to Settings > System > Account. Click on the "admin" account then click on "Modify"
- Under "Old Password", input the Unlock Code. Input a new password under "new Password" and copy that password under "Confirm Password." Click "Save" when done.
The management of usernames and passwords lies solely with the end customer. It is their responsibility to document and save these credentials. IC Realtime does not save your device login information and is not able to provide any user created or changed user names or passwords. IC Realtime strongly urges end customers to document security system credentials in some type of password management system, like KeePass or LastPass.
- Document all of your credentials in a Password Management System, like KeePass or LastPass.
- When setting up a new recorder, follow the Initialization process and answer the security questions. In the event of a lost password, the security questions can be answered to reset the admin password (the security questions can be the same answers. It is recommended to document the questions and answers as well)
- Create a different admin level user / account as a backup as well as different accounts for lower level user access only.
- Setup a password Hint. If you have this option, creating a password hint will help to remember the password.