This setup assumes you have set up the latest Control 4 Camera/PTZ and NVR Drivers to Composer and created the proper Inter-Driver communication as shown here.
The NVR or IPC/PTZ Drivers (if used standalone) can receive events such as motion detection or intrusion and provide actions such as local NVR GUI control or PTZ movements/ presets.
In this example, we will be demonstrating how to configure programming on the Composer so that if an IP Camera on channel 2 of the NVR detects motions, Composer can trigger the PTZ to move to a preset as well as display channel 2 on the local NVR Interface.
1) Click on the Programming section of Composer.
2) Select a Device from the Device Events tree on the top left. In this example, it will be a static IPC. Under the chosen Device Events, there will be a drop-down to choose the event, as shown below.
3) Under the Actions tree, select the device you want to trigger an action to. For example, selecting the PTZ allows options for different PTZ actions shown below.
Selecting an NVR under Actions will display the options below:
5) Drag and drop the desired action into the Script Actions field.
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 as necessary. The programming is shown below for the example (IPC on channel 2 of the NVR motion detect will trigger the PTZ to move to preset 2 and display channel 2 on the local NVR Interface).