OVERVIEW AND SUPPORTED FEATURES
This driver is for the IC Realtime NVR and Camera surveillance solutions.
THE FOLLOWING FEATURES ARE SUPPORTED BY THE DRIVERS:
• Integration of NVR as a media source in Elan (for example to bind to a display driver). This provides a
UI in Elan to control the NVR OSD.
THE FOLLOWING FEATURES ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY THE DRIVER:
- Streaming video (As the cameras are ONVIF compatible, the Elan ONVIF Video Source (Dynamic) driver can be used to support camera live feeds and PTZ control etc. The Elan streaming Setup guide can be found here.)
- It is recommended that the product is installed and configured by a suitably qualified Elan engineer, before integration with this driver.
- Please ensure that the devices (e.g. NVRs, cameras) are on the same network as the Elan processor.
- For NVR OSD control, you will need to enable “Anonymous GUI Playback” under Main Menu>
Advanced Settings> Network > Security> System Service. This option is only available on the local interface with a monitor and mouse plugged directly into the recorder.
This feature is only available on some recorders with 4.0 GUI firmware. Only the Elite family
firmware NVRs support the file-based playback features (build date of 2021-10-28 or newer). For NVRs without this feature, it is recommended to set "Autologout/ Logout Time" to "0" under Settings > Advanced Settings > System Operation > General.
The release package contains the following driver files for IP control:
ICRealtime_Nvr_media_src_ip.EDRVC – Media Source driver for control of NVR OSD
ICRealtime_Camera_ip.EDRVC – Generic Device driver providing event map commands and events for
single standalone IP camera.
ICRealtime_Camera_x_to_y_ip.EDRVC – Generic Device driver providing event map commands and
events for NVR-controlled cameras (camera x..camera y)
NVR Media Source Configuration
It is recommended that you follow the below installation process to ensure you are running the latest
version of the driver.
1. Obtain the latest driver version, as described above, and ensure you know the location of
the extracted EDRVC driver files on your computer’s hard drive.
2. From the Media tab, right-click on the Sources heading and select Add New Generic Media
3. From the Add New Generic Media Source window, choose Search Folder and navigate to your
driver location before clicking OK.
4. Select the driver for the device and click OK.
5. Enter the Username, Password, and IP address of the NVR to connect to.
NVR Control through Elan UI
To view the media source in Elan user interfaces, you will need to add the media source as a source input
to another driver, for example, an Elan Custom Video Display driver.
1. In the media tab, right-click Video Displays, click on "Add New Video Display" and select “Custom Video Display.”
2. In the properties for the video display, create a name (optional) and then set “Show as Zone” to true (the last property in the list), and click Apply to save changes.
3. Expand the device tree on the left for the Custom Video Display so that you can see its source. Click on the source to show the properties of the source. Under Source Device, select the NVR Media Source click Apply .
4. Click the Interface tab on the far left of the configurator and expand the tree of your interface/touchscreen device and select Media System. Make sure that the Display Controller Zone is in the Selected Pages list, and if not select it and click Add Tab to move it over.
You should now be able to select the NVR source for the display on your touchscreen device and interact with the NVR UI.