Using a compatible HDVR/ AVR recorder, you can change the resolution of your AVS camera via the OSD (On Screen Display) of the camera. This method allows you only to change the resolution of the camera, not the output format (such as changing AVS to TVI or AHD). Note that changing the AVS camera to a resolution not supported by the recorder will cause the camera to not appear on the recorder. As such, ensure that the Recorder you are using can support the resolution you plan to set the AVS camera to.
Step 1. Log into the HDVR local interface (Or on a web browser) and open the Main Menu. Go to Advanced Settings > Camera Configuration > PTZ.
Step 2. From here, select the appropriate channel with the AVS camera you want to configure. Select the Type as "Local", Control Mode to "HDAVS" and Protocol to "HDAVS3.0" * If control / OSD does not function, set Protocol to "HDAVS2.0"
A) Local GUI:
1. Go to the Live View. Select the camera you want to configure and double-click to display in a single-screen mode.
2. Right-click and Select "PTZ" , then click on the icon to open the OSD Menu.
3. Using the directional Buttons shown above, navigate the On Screen Display menu.
B) Web GUI
1. Go to the Live View tab. Select the camera you want to configure and double-click to display it in a single-screen mode.
2. On the left side panel, select the PTZ Menu tab. Click on "Open" to open the OSD Menu.
3. Using the navigational Buttons shown above, navigate the On Screen Display.
Step 4. On the On Screen Display, use the Up and Down arrows to navigate to Video mode then, use the left and right arrows to select the desired resolution. Press "Enter" to Confirm and save.